This full day tour takes place on the Atlantic coast (Caribbean Sea) of Panama where you will experience and learn about the history of Panama from the ruins of Fort San Lorenzo to the brand new Panama Canal Aqua Clara locks.
In this beautiful region you will visit:
- Panama Canal Agua Clara Locks Visitors Center, the new visitors center offers spectacular views of the new locks following the expansion of the canal, and also Lake Gatun. You will be able to see the operation of the Panama Canal and maybe post-panamax vessels transiting the locks.
- Atlantic Bridge, inaugurated in 2019, the 3rd Panama Canal Crossing, is the longest concrete cable-stayed bridge on the planet.
- Shelter Bay Marina, a perfect stop for lunch where you can enjoy a meal on a terrace or indoor by the water while admiring the many boats anchored in the marina. (Meals not included, but there is a good variety on the menu that will fit your budget.). The Dock Restaurant is serving the fresh locally sourced ingredients with a menu inspired by a Caribbean heritage with an international influence. The marina is located on the decommissioned U.S. military base of Fort Sherman once used to protect the canal Atlantic entrance.
- Fort San Lorenzo, now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this fortress was built to overlook the mouth of the Chagres River. The ruins of the once mighty Fort San Lorenzo still stand strong surrounded by the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and over 30,000 acres of protected lush rainforest.
- The scenic railway journey winds its way along the canal and through the spectacular tropical rainforest from Panama City to Colon:
Kids (2-12): $20
Only available on week days from Panama City with pick up at 6:30AM, you can add this option during the booking process.