This is the best way to discover Panama City while on a layover transiting through Tocumen PTY Airport.
Your private guide will be waiting for you to pick you up from the Tocumen PTY Airport upon your arrivial.
Here is a suggested itinerary, actual sights might very and will be based on your available layover time.
- The Panama Canal (Miraflores Locks Visitors Center + IMAX), located right in front of the Miraflores locks on the Pacific side of Panama, this is where you can see up-close the operations of the canal and the transiting ships through one of the original locks. (Please note that currently the Miraflores visitors center is going through a major renovation.Because of that, the museum and the top floor observation deck are currently closed. Only smaller balcony on a lower floor will be opened during the renovations.) $ entrence fee not included $
- Cerro Ancon / Canal Admin Building, a small nature sanctuary surrounded by the urban jungle of Panama City, Ancon hill stands tall in its 650-foot height. the highest peak in Panama City that offers breathtaking views of the city, the port and the Panama Canal. Even though it is located in the middle of the city, Ancon Hill has managed to retain a bit of wilderness and is home to sloths, tamarins, coatis and armadillos. We will stop at he Panama Canal Authority headquarters at the bottom of Ancon Hill as the road to the top is closed.
- Casco Viejo also called Casco Antiguo (the Old Town), experience the gastronomy, infuse yourself within the history and delight your senses with the charm and vibrant colorful pastel tones of the old town. Also known as Casco Viejo or the old quarter, this is Panama City’s historic district. Part of UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site, Casco Antiguo was built in 1673 after the near total destruction of Panama Viejo. Stroll the brick-paved streets during the day and discover the culture and history, stay longer during the afternoon to enjoy the best coffees and gourmet dishes and extend your stay after sunset to enjoy the nightlife and its rhythm.
- You might also see: Cinta Costera, Fish Market, Bridge of the Americas and Modern City
- Depending on the hours available in your layover, our guide may suggest some places of interest besides above ones