This day tour is the best way to discover Panama City in a small group (max 12) at a lower cost. Here is the itinerary of this tour:
The pickup time from your hotel will be between 7am and 7:30am (exact time will be confirmed 24h before departure).
- Cerro Ancon / Canal Admin Building, a small nature sanctuary surrounded by the urban jungle of Panama City, Ancon hill stands tall in its 650-foot height. the highest peak in Panama City that offers breathtaking views of the city, the port and the Panama Canal. Even though it is located in the middle of the city, Ancon Hill has managed to retain a bit of wilderness and is home to sloths, tamarins, coatis and armadillos. We will stop at he Panama Canal Authority headquarters at the bottom of Ancon Hill as the road to the top is closed.
- Mirador Chino / Bridge of the Americas, this commemorative square to outline the Chinese efforts and contributions to the Panamanian economy also serves as a beautiful viewpoint located right next to the Bridge of the Americas and the entrance of the Canal from the Pacific side.
- Casco Viejo also called Casco Antiguo (the Old Town), experience the gastronomy, infuse yourself within the history and delight your senses with the charm and vibrant colorful pastel tones of the old town. Also known as Casco Viejo or the old quarter, this is Panama City’s historic district. Part of UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site, Casco Antiguo was built in 1673 after the near total destruction of Panama Viejo. Stroll the brick-paved streets during the day and discover the culture and history, stay longer during the afternoon to enjoy the best coffees and gourmet dishes and extend your stay after sunset to enjoy the nightlife and its rhythm.
- Amador / Lunch period (meals not included), this gorgeous 6-kilometer road extension connects Panama City to several islands known as the Causeway Islands. It was initially built as a break water for the canal entrance from the rocks extracted during the excavation of the Panama Canal and now serves as an entertainment boardwalk and a popular social destination. It’s the ideal place for photo enthusiasts as you can capture a beautiful panoramic of the city’s skyline or a romantic sunset plunging into the ocean.
- The Panama Canal (Miraflores Locks Visitors Center + IMAX), ($ entrence fee not included) located right in front of the Miraflores locks on the Pacific side of Panama, this is where you can see up-close the operations of the canal and the transiting ships through one of the original locks. (Please note that currently the Miraflores visitors center is going through a major renovation.Because of that, the museum and the top floor observation deck are currently closed. Only smaller balcony on a lower floor will be opened during the renovations.)
We will return to your hotel between 2 and 2:30pm.